DRAMA CLUB INSTRUCTOR
If you’re energetic, love drama, and enjoy working with kids, then we may have just the job for you!
Drama by George is a Louisville-based educational theatre provider. Since 2007, we’ve presented live performances, drama workshops, and after-school drama clubs to tens of thousands of students across Kentuckiana. (Drama by George is owned by CITA member George Halitzka.)
As a Drama Club Instructor, you’ll help kids discover the joy of performing as you teach one or more after-school drama clubs onsite at elementary schools in the Louisville area.
Generally, our drama clubs run once a week for eight weeks during each semester (fall and spring). They always culminate in the performance of a short play. Instructors may teach one or several clubs each week. We provide an in-depth orientation, lesson plans, play scripts, props, and all of the other resources you need to successfully put on a play with children. You provide the energy, talent, and enthusiasm for theatre that will empower your students to succeed!
· You love theatre and kids, and have experience working with both.
· You have reliable transportation, including the capability to transport props and costumes to schools.
· You are available during the after-school hours (generally, you must arrive onsite by 2:40 pm 3:40 pm, depending on the school) at least two days per week, Monday-Thursday, during the upcoming academic semester.
· You can lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
· If you have directing, stage management, and/ or formal teaching experience, that’s a bonus (but it’s not required).
What We Provide
· Competitive compensation for your skills as a teaching artist.
· Paid orientation time and meetings.
· Financial incentives if you make your drama club grow from semester to semester.
· The joy of seeing kids learn and grow as you share your passion for the arts!
· Please fill out our at http://www.dramabygeorge.com/